Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is a legal body established to safeguard the interest of financers in securities that can help to promote market securities. SEBI conducts SEBI Grade A Officers exam to recruit in various domains of Assistant Manager in general stream, engineering stream, legal stream, research stream, information technology stream, and official language stream across the country.
Students can visit the official website for further notifications. A graduate aged no less than 30 years of age and with 50% in aggregate can apply for SEBI Grade A Exam. Few posts are reserved for Maharashtra residents and reserved categories.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Prelims
SEBI Grade A syllabus covers all subjects such as finance, management, commerce, banking, economics, and general awareness. It consists of two phases to enable the aspirant to study in detail the topics covered under SEBI Grade A exam. Further topics are as follows:-
SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Syllabus
- English Language – Vocabulary, passage making, error finding, and comprehension passages, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Distance, Time & work, Permutation, combination, mixtures, percentages, allegation, etc.
- General awareness – Data sufficiency and data interpretation, blood relation, syllogism, etc.
- Reasoning ability – Economic terms, banking & financial awareness, static Gk, monetary policies, etc.
- Commerce & Accountancy – Cash flow, accounting, capital transactions with financial information system, etc.
- Management – Motivation, roles of the manager, leadership style, HRD, communication, etc.
- Finance – Market study on inflation and taxation, financial system, etc.
- Costing – Cost control, cost management, and lean system.
- Companies Act – The Companies Act 2013
- Economics – Employment, demand and supply, foreign exchange market structure, etc.
SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Syllabus
SEBI Grade A syllabus for Paper 1 consists of English writing skills in the form of precise and essay writing questions.
Paper 2 consists of a general stream and specialised subjects such as:-
- General stream-It is the common phrase of the exam which has subjects like management, finance, law, economics, and companies act. One can opt for subjects according to their level of ease and educational background.
- Syllabus of Legal stream-
- Constitution of India
- Law of contracts
- Interpretation of statutes and maxims
- Consumer protection & Arbitration act
- Property, company act, and securities Laws.
- Syllabus for IT stream-
- Data-based concepts, SQL queries, Programming, data analytics, algorithms, networking, information, and cyber security hold a weightage of 10% from each topic.
- Data warehousing and shell programming hold 5% each of them.
- Syllabus of Research stream-
- Economics- investment function with market structure, multiplier, accelerator, inflation and Phillips curve, etc.
- Public economics- tax & non-tax revenue, progressive and non-progressive taxation, direct and indirect taxes, public expenditure, budget, etc.
- Statistics and econometrics-sampling methods and distribution, statistical inferences, regression.
- International economics- foreign exchange market, the balance of payment, the role of BIS, IOSCO, IMF, etc.
- Financial market- market efficiency & model, stock and exchanges, mutual funds, credit rating agencies, and corporate debt market, etc.
- Syllabus for official language.
- Translation of legal terminology, terms, phrases, sentences, sentences, administrative, banking, and capital market terminology from English to Hindi for the given task.
SEBI Grade A Selection process
- It is based on three phases, where the candidates need to secure cut-off marks in each paper of 40% in the phase-1 exam and then be shortlisted for phase-2. The list of shortlisted candidates can be availed on its official website.
- There will be a cut-off of 30% for paper -1 and 40% for paper-2. An aggregate of 50% cut-off is required to be shortlisted for the interview.
- You are eligible to be selected as SEBI Assistant manager if scored more in the maths and interview round.
- If you clear all two phases with a high score, a chance can be direct to be appointed as SEBI Grade A Officer.
Preparation Tips for SEBI Grade A Syllabus
1. Construct your insight base by get-together data of current worldwide undertakings from papers, magazine articles, and business distributions.
2. With the assistance of innovation and the ‘Web of Things, for their SEBI Grade A test requirements of recordings, guides, digital books, and fake test papers accessible to rehearse from.
3. Organising with peers who are likewise planning for tests, past year understudies and tutors, mentors, networks, and gatherings on Facebook and Telegram can likewise be a decent method for acquiring a few experiences for your test arrangements.
The review material is then further customised with the most recent news, current issues (public and global), sound video-recorded talks, and test-centred themes, notes, and articles to watch and download from the dashboard.