The quality of wigs and weaves has become more natural over the years. And lace front wigs are one of the most popular styles specifically for this reason.
People wear wigs for different purposes- multiple style options, baldness, and so many others. Therefore, purchasing high-quality units is vital because they are more durable and look better. We recommend a lace front wig if you’re considering getting a new wig.
Before we tell you why they are beneficial, you must know more about them.
What Is a Lace Front Wig?
Lace front wigs are made with sheer lace, giving the illusion of a natural hairline. Unlike other wigs that give you an abrupt and unflattering hairline, those with a lace front look natural. When installed properly, they can pass off for your natural hair (especially when you get a natural textured wig).
The secret of why lace front wigs look natural is how they are made; they are manufactured with flesh-colored lace mesh panels at the front. Thus, allowing it to easily blend with your skin. Plus, the hair is manually tied through individual lace holes, making it move more naturally. In addition, this process also allows you to create cute baby hairs while installing your wig.
Remember that this natural effect will only be noticeable in the front of the wig (at your forehead area) and about 2-3 inches behind your hairline. If you want that effect all over your head, you’ll need a full lace wig!
Benefits of Lace Front Wigs
1 They Look Natural
One of the significant benefits and the reason many people prefer lace front wigs is the natural hairline. When you wear a lace front wig, it gives the illusion of the hair growing directly from your scalp. In addition, this raw finish is perfect for users suffering from different forms of hair loss because it enhances their self-confidence.
Also, it looks more authentic and beautiful than regular cap wigs.
2 They are Great For Long Wears
Depending on your lifestyle, you may need to wear your wigs for long hours daily. Hence, you need those that are breathable and sensitive to your hair and scalp. Thanks to the sheer lace of the wig caps used in lace front wigs, they are lightweight and promote airflow.
So you don’t have to worry about feeling uncomfortable in hot weather or having a migraine. You’ll most likely forget that you have a wig as you go about your daily activities.
3 They Offer Different Styles
Wearing the same look over and over again becomes tiring over time. Fortunately, you won’t have to worry about a monotonous look with a lace front wig. Depending on the style of your lace wig, you can rock a side part today and a middle part tomorrow!
In addition, you can choose to either wear it loose or bound. Because there is no lace in the area at the nape of your neck, it has volume. Hence, whatever you decide to do with it will appear natural and beautiful.
4 They Are Affordable
Wigs vary in price depending on the quality, which makes them accessible. So, you will indeed find a lace front wig that matches your budget. Plus, think about how it will save you from the cost of salon visits. Wigs are generally an investment because they are durable if you maintain them properly.
5 They Are Easy To Install
The process is straightforward, whether you put on your wig at home or get professional help. You can find pre-cut and uncut lace wigs at several online stores; pre-cut wigs might seem more straightforward, but everyone’s face and head shape are different, so they might not be the best.
Learning how to install your wigs is better for the perfect fit.
How To Install a Lace Front Wig
There are three ways you can install a lace front wig; glue, wig grip, or needle & thread. They are all easy as long as you follow the steps, but first things first, you have to prepare your hair.
Preparing Your Hair
You must ensure your hair is neatly prepped before any installation. Start by;
- Moisturizing your hair and scalp; will prevent any breakage.
- Ensure your forehead is dry because it will help your wig lay better.
- Put your hair in cornrows or twists before wearing a stocking cap.
- Secure the stocking cap with a hair spray and cut off the excess.
After prepping your hair, it’s time to install your lace front wig.
Installation With A Wig Grip
- Put the wig grip around your hairline and ensure it falls behind your ears.
- Secure it properly by adjusting the velcro strap.
- After this, put your wig on the wig grip. Ensure the lace’s edge matches the edge of the grip.
- Adjust your wig until you’re comfortable, and clip the hair properly.
- Cut off the excess lace and style.
Installation With Glue
- Apply rubbing alcohol on your hairline to remove any oil or makeup. This process will remove anything that might prevent the glue from sticking to your wig.
- Place your unit on your head and adjust it to a comfortable position.
- Next, use a tail comb to part the hair above your ear and cut the excess lace.
- Apply glue along your hairline and blow dry. Ensure your dryer is adjusted to the cool setting.
- Pull your lace over the glue and press it in place.
- If there is excess glue, use a small amount of running oil on it.
- Style your baby hair, and you’re ready!
Sewing is advisable if you want to rock your hair for a more extended period. However, it’s also better to visit a professional to avoid injuries.