Hand tied hair extensions are a popular option for those who want to add length, volume, and texture to their hair. Unlike other types of extensions, hand tied extensions are attached to the natural hair using a knotting technique, which creates a seamless, natural look. If you’re considering hand tied extensions, it’s important to understand the process of application and removal, as well as how to care for them properly. In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide to hand tied hair extensions, including what they are, what you’ll need for application, and how to remove them.
What are Hand Tied Hair Extensions and How Do They Work?
Hand tied weft hair extensions are made from high-quality, human hair and are attached to the natural hair using a knotting technique. Unlike other types of extensions, hand tied extensions are not attached to a weft or track, but rather individual strands of hair. This allows the extensions to blend seamlessly with the natural hair, creating a natural and versatile look.
Tools and Supplies You’ll Need for Hand Tied Extension Application
Before you begin the application process, you’ll need to gather the right tools and supplies. This includes:
- High-quality hand tied extensions
- Extension pliers
- Hair thread
- Hair ties
- Hair clips
- Extension brush
- Shampoo and conditioner for extensions
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for Hand Tied Hair Extensions
- Wash and condition your hair: Before applying for the weft hair extensions, it’s important to clean your hair to remove any oil and product buildup.
- Section your hair: Using hair ties and clips, separate your hair into sections to make the application process easier.
- Knot the extensions: Take a strand of the extension hair and knot it to a strand of your natural hair using the hair thread and needle. Repeat this process until all of the extensions are attached.
- Blend the extensions: Use a brush to gently blend the extensions with your natural hair, ensuring that they look seamless and natural.
Tips for Properly Caring for Your Hand Tied Extensions
- Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner: Sulfates can damage the extensions, so it’s important to use products specifically formulated for extensions.
- Avoid heat styling: High heat can damage the extensions, so it’s best to air dry or use low heat when styling.
- Avoid sleeping on wet hair: Wet hair can tangle and damage the extensions, so it’s important to let them dry completely before sleeping.
- Brush gently: Use a soft-bristled brush to avoid damaging the extensions.
Step-by-Step Guide to Removing Hand Tied Hair Extensions
- Gently brush the extensions: Before removing the extensions, use a brush to gently detangle them.
- Cut the thread: Using the extension pliers, cut the thread that holds the knots in place.
- Carefully remove the extensions: Gently remove the weft hair extensions, taking care not to damage your natural hair.
Hand tied hair extensions can be a great option for those who want to add length, volume, and texture to their hair. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that the application and removal process goes smoothly and that your hand tied extensions last as long as possible. With proper care and maintenance, hand tied extensions can be a beautiful addition to your hair and help you achieve the look you desire.