In the United States, digital video marketing is a $ 135 billion industry. If you were not sure how video is an important segment of today’s marketing strategy, this information speaks for itself.
Although video entered the field of big-door marketing more than 10 years ago, it has only experienced an unstoppable rise in the last four years and positioning itself as an inevitable marketing weapon.
What is immediately important to note is that it doesn’t matter if you started using video 10, 5, 2 years, or 5 months, or 2 days ago, or didn’t start creating a video marketing strategy at all, it’s important to first understand the importance and what it is the most important benefits for your business that video can bring you.
The importance of video is also shown by the following Hubspot data found that 78% of people watch online videos every week, while 54% watch videos every day, while Google’s research shows that 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television.
And not only that. More and more platforms are becoming video-friendly, while those for whom video is the primary content have an unstoppable increase in users. Example: YouTube states that its users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on the platform.
Take, for example, Tik Tok, a platform you’ve probably heard of, even though you may not use it, it’s based on just one content – video, and as such, it quickly reached Facebook and Instagram in terms of popularity even so much so that Tik Tok has become a great channel for promotion. Of course, if your target audience is there. Then Facebook and Instagram, platforms that open more and more options for posting different forms of video, with video being the second most popular content on Facebook.
How do you get the most out of your video marketing?
A strategy is needed first. Think of it as approaching every segment of your business. Just like you make general marketing strategies, marketing campaigns, sales strategies, etc … so you need to approach video creation. At first glance, you will probably say that it will take you time and money, and other resources, for something that has only one content on your channels, but the power of video is extremely great and if you do not use it, you will most likely close the door.
5 important things for video strategy
- Determine who your target group is? Who are you talking to? What are the specifics of your target group? Do an analysis and go through all the important metrics before you start creating videos, so that you first know the basic data in terms of geographical area, purchasing power, and channels on which they are informed or most often react (your site, Instagram, Facebook, email, LinkedIn .. .) when they usually react … The more information you have about your target group, the easier it will be for you to create and place a video, and then personalize it in part (which is another very important marketing item today) and finally you have good feedback.
- On which channel do you place the video? It will most likely depend on your target audience, but because of the video format, it is very important to know which channel it is uploading to and whether the video is mobile-friendly on the platform you are uploading to because according to a Statista study, 77% of those surveyed use a mobile or tablet to watch online videos.
- Now we come to the part where we talk about saving your money and time. What do you use to create a video? Today, there are countless online platforms, such as Plainly, that offer you different options for creating videos, but the most important thing is the fact that these platforms allow you to automate video. This means that you can change certain segments of the video, according to the target group you are addressing (say you send a video by e-mail and want the name of the client you are addressing to appear in each video), while other parts of the video they automatically hold or repeat. The action that you would have to do 5 times, you will do only once.
- Estimate what time and budget you have for the video. Platforms like Plainly can save you both. Also, when we say “time”, think about when is the best time to publish a video. When your target group is active.
- Determine which metrics you will monitor so you can know the effects of the video. Usually, everyone watches the number of views, but it doesn’t have to be important for your video marketing strategy as much as, for example, the number of people who watched the video to the end of the number of those who clicked on your site after the video …
5 reasons why a video is a necessary tool
- Save time and money – we have already mentioned that there are numerous platforms that, without the knowledge of the profession (cameraman, editor, programmer) allow you to create a video. Today, great shots can be recorded by phone, and then you can solve everything with the help of a platform, automate a good part of your steps by connecting that platform with your other database, and finally with the help of the platform you can place the video on any channel you want. Just pay attention to what platforms they have from the options you need.
- Increases the visibility of your brand – video also helps you rank your site on the first page of Google search. If you post a video on your site, your site is more likely to be recognized as relevant and hospitable to visitors, so Google will throw it out on its first page when searching. Insivia states that a website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video. Also, video is the content that is most shared on social media, which means that your promotion is spread to the channels of your clients.
- Video is customizable content that you can create as you wish or as appropriate for your target audience. If you create the video exactly according to the needs of the clients, be sure that the effects for your business will be noticeable.
- Video is a great tool to bring your customers closer to what you want. According to all the statistics we mentioned above, video is the content that people like to watch, and mostly, if they research something, they will decide to watch the video rather than read the text. Take advantage of video options as your weapon.
- Video will first move users to an action, ie video is the best tool for the call to action. Whatever the idea for a CTA video, it can help. That’s why it’s important to follow the metrics mentioned above because if you failed to make your clients take action, you missed something in creating the video. This is a great way to see what you need to improve and make your video marketing strategy even better.
5 video ideas that go great
It is very important to determine what the goal of the video is. There may be a trap in that. If you start making a video for which you have not clearly defined the message you want to send and the goal you want to achieve, your work could be in vain.
Therefore, we give you examples of videos that work best:
1. How-to or tutorial video – tips and tricks
2. Brand video that shows the values you stand for and the vision of your company
3. Behind the scene – how your products are made, what your premises look like, who your employees are, who your partners are …
4. Educational video
5. Product review or Testimonial video