It’s easy to get into a funk when you’re trying to work out. Maybe you’re bored with your routine, or maybe not seeing the results you want has made it hard for you to keep pushing yourself. If this is the case, there are some simple things that can help turn things around so that getting in shape becomes fun again! Here are twelve tips on how to get your exercise groove back.
- Figure out what you enjoy doing and commit to it: If you don’t enjoy running long distances, it’s not going to happen. Figure out what works for your body and do that instead! For instance, if you enjoy swimming, join a local swim team or start going to the pool more often. If biking is your thing, consider signing up for group bike rides in your area! Comfortable workout clothes from the wholesale fitness apparel suppliers can also give the right motivation to work out on a regular basis. Figure out what makes you happy and commit to it so that getting healthy becomes enjoyable again. Doing this will help you stick with it for the long haul.
- Do not get discouraged: Straight-up – life happens! We all have moments when we can’t make time to work out, so don’t beat yourself up if things get tough, and remember that tomorrow is a new day! If this has frequently been happening, though, consider whether or not scheduling your workouts into your calendar might help you stay on track more often; especially if they’re early enough in the morning that you won’t be able to skip them due to busyness at night (and keep those workout clothes right by your bed!)
- Stick around supportive people: Working out is 10x easier when there’s someone who wants to do it with you! There are always people looking for another person to join their fitness journey, so make your intentions known, and you’ll be surprised at how often people are willing to help kickstart yours! Besides, a little friendly competition can be a great motivator in itself. It not only helps keep you accountable to yourself, but also to your friends! Also, make sure to check out some free weight loss programs so you can afford everything in a stable manner.
- Choose the right workout buddy: It’s important to find someone whose goals match up with yours. If they’re looking for a weight loss partner, but you want more toned legs, there’s not much of an incentive for them (or yourself!) You might feel that you can handle yourself, but having someone there to encourage you is 10x better than trying to do it all on your own! Plus, they will help you stay motivated on days you want to curl up with a bowl of ice cream and Netflix.
- Do something different every day or once per week: Mixing up your routine can help avoid boredom which will make working out easier over time because then it becomes fun again rather than just another task on the list of things to get done in life! Try boxing one day, yoga the next, etc. Create some variety but only mix it up every so often because you don’t want to upset your muscles and risk injuring yourself in the process. Doing something new after specific days also makes it easier to remember what you did on which day.
- Don’t focus on weight loss: When we’re trying to lose 10 lbs, it can be easy for us to get discouraged when that scale doesn’t budge or move at all. Instead of focusing on losing 10 lbs, try aiming for a more realistic goal like fitting into clothes better or making sure you have enough energy during the day. If your only motivation is looking good but not feeling well, then maybe exercise isn’t what’s best for you right now! The idea behind working out should always include being healthy first before anything else!
- Get dressed up – workout style!: Don’t just rush through getting ready thinking you don’t have time to put on workout clothes or you’ll be late. Instead, try putting your outfit for the gym next to where you sleep so that it’s always there and ready for when you are! Sometimes just knowing we’re about to work out helps us push ourselves a little harder than if we had decided 10 minutes before that we were going to exercise.
- Get a fitness tracker: Not sure if you are doing enough or burning the right amount of calories? Invest in a fitness tracker! They are relatively inexpensive, and they can really help you stay on track. Not only will it make you feel like a badass, but if your fitness tracker is constantly telling you that your body isn’t doing enough, then maybe it’ll push you to do more! Moreover, fitness trackers are great for people who aren’t sure how much exercise they need to do each day or what type of exercise would be best.
- Change your environment: Maybe going to the gym every day has lost its appeal or maybe staying at home feels like a chore rather than an enjoyable experience. Either way, change your daily surroundings by working out outdoors whenever possible (if weather permits) or by trying out a local class that you’ve never been to before. You might even find your new favorite way of getting fit!
- Get new workout clothes: If the thought of working out makes our heart sink because we don’t want to get sweaty or dirty, why not treat yourself with some new workout gear? This could be anything from new leggings (which actually might motivate us even further) to cute socks – whatever floats your boat. Find something specific for each day of the week so that when Monday rolls around again, having fresh gym clothes waiting next to our beds gets us excited about exercising all over again!
- Go back to the basics: If you’ve been working out for a while, it might be time to go back to your old workout routine. After all, this is how we got started in the first place, and if there was something that worked well for us before – why not try revisiting what used to work? This could mean returning to longer cardio sessions or grueling weight training workouts on some days so that by changing things up again, exercise becomes more interesting once more!
- Celebrate victories: Progress doesn’t happen overnight. Even if your body isn’t transforming before your eyes (and trust us -it won’t!), celebrate milestones along the way by rewarding yourself with a new workout outfit or other small luxuries. This will keep you motivated through the inevitable challenges that come along with exercise and help you stay on track to achieve your goals!
Conclusion: Remember that exercise is a journey, not a race. It takes time to see results, and you should never get discouraged when they don’t come immediately!