Fortnite has been one of the leading battle royale games these past few years. Its popularity and the player base have been steady or even increasing. Players have continued to enjoy all the events and new game modes that the game has to offer.
Developers often release new content or gameplay updates to keep their players interested in their game. These updates ensure that the game’s state is balanced and that there is always something new for players to enjoy.
Fortnite recently released a new season last June. It was meant to have a summer theme. A new update was released just this week, adding new additions and small changes to the game.
Fortnite v21.30 Changes
Fortnite’s Battle Royale game mode is the game’s hottest game mode as of now. This mode attracts hundreds of players to play the game and is what keeps players coming back. For Fortnite patch v21.30, the Battle Royale game mode will introduce a new gun along with some competitive ranked changes and minor bugfixes.
The latest patch brings a new gun to Fortnite: the Prime Shotgun. This shotgun will have four shots before reloading. The shots deal a good amount of damage, but the first shot will deal more damage than the remaining three shots. Aside from the on-screen ammo counter, players can also track the ammo count by the lights on the side of the Prime Shotgun. Here are the full stats of Fortnite’s latest weapon:
- Damage (Common) – 79.4
- Damage (Uncommon) – 83.2
- Damage (Rare) – 87.9
- Damage (Epic) – 92.6
- Damage (Legendary) – 96.4
- Damage (Mythic) – 101.1
- Fire rate – 1.05
- Magazine size – 4
- Reload time – 4.5 seconds
The first shot bonus damage applies when the shotgun is at full magazine size. There is a little bit of decision-making involved with this new mechanic. Players can fire off the first shot to deal bonus damage and then fire off the remaining three shots to see if it can take down their enemy, or fire the first shot, then risk taking a reload to utilize the first shot bonus damage. However, the shotgun’s damage per shell is good enough, so some players may opt to go with the first option.
Fortnite account owners can loot the Prime Shotgun like all other guns in Fortnite. It is available as loot on the ground, supply chests, Reality saplings, fishing, and even sharks.
The new Prime Shotgun is now available for the Battle Royale game mode; however, it is still unavailable for the competitive ranked for Battle Royale. Players will have to wait before the gun is made available in ranked. The new update instead introduces the Overshield Siphon in the Arena Zero Build. The Overshield Siphon grants players a 50-health overshield upon killing an enemy. This is extremely useful in squad fights or against multiple enemies.
The latest update also brings new Styles for the characters obtained in the Chapter 3 Season 3 Battle Pass. Players can choose from three options for Styles: the Platinum Rift, Lapis Slurp, and Auric Blaze Styles. These styles can only be used by Malik, Evie, Adira, Sabina, and Stormfarer. Players can use the Styles in combination with any outfit worn by these characters.
The update brings a few bugfixes for the Battle Royale game mode as well:
- Fixed an issue involving Rift-To-Gos generating no Rift but still being consumed, caused by swapping items too soon while activating the Rift-To-Go.
- Fixed an issue that caused weapon crosshairs to scale with HUD size.
- Fixed an issue in Team Rumble that prevented players from using Tents.
- Fixed an issue on Nintendo Switch that caused players to freeze after sliding or mantling.
- Fixed an issue in competitive playlists that caused Storm Sickness to reset when rebooting a teammate.
Patch v21.30 Updates to Creative Mode
Another game mode affected by the latest patch is the Creative game mode. New Fortnite items will drop in this mode, along with a few interface changes and bugfixes.
The new update introduced a new Device: the Player Marker. Players can use this device to create a marker that displays information about a player. The markers are visible in the main map and the mini-map.
New prefabs and galleries are also added to the Creative game mode: the Deserted Fortress Prefab and Gallery, Waterfall Gallery, and Cuddle Tree Pop Gallery. Creative-exclusive assets have been added for the Deserted Fortress, which includes a prefab and three galleries: Deserted Fortress Prefab, Deserted Fortress Floor & Stair Gallery, Deserted Fortress Wall Gallery, and Deserted Fortress Prop Gallery.
Fortnite account owners can now add waterfalls to their islands with the introduction of the Waterfall Gallery. They can also add the Cuddle Tree to their island with the Cuddle Tree Pop Gallery.
Other changes for the Creative mode include Device updates and bugfixes. Here is a list of all other changes included in the Fortnite v21.30 patch:
- Players can now use the Search bar in the Color Picker and Icon Picker to search for a color or icon by name.
- The Icon Library has been expanded with an additional 274 icons.
- A new Do Not Despawn option has been added to the Creature Spawner and Creature Placer devices.
- Fixed an issue where individual assets from the Iridescent Mountains Gallery could not be placed from the opened Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where some assets from the Sports Gallery did not have destruction VFX.
- Corrected some text and spelling errors in the Creative UI.
- Fixed an issue where players would be pushed through the Prop Manipulator device when moving near it.
- Fixed an issue where channels were resetting on the Button device.
- Fixed an issue with the Video Player device not playing videos in certain situations.
- Fixed a memory issue with Item Spawners.
- Fixed an issue where players could not place vehicles inside the Skydome Volume device.
- Fixed an issue with the Color Picker’s Search box in the Skydome Volume device Customize panel.
- Fixed an issue involving the Campfire device extinguishing itself without receiving an extinguish signal.
For more gaming related currency, items, skins, accounts, & power levelling, visit PlayerAuctions.com