CLAT is a common law admission test that is conducted to secure admission in the top colleges for pursuing law courses in the top colleges. CLAT is known as The Common Law Admission test; the purpose of taking the CLAT exam is to take admission to twenty-two (NLU) National Law University.
The timing of the law entrance exam is two hours. The question paper of the CLAT exam is 150 of multiple choice question papers.
If you want to pursue a law career, firstly, you need to pass out from a good law institute. Law is a very respected profession. You will get a lot of opportunities with it.
And as the government always introduces new rules and regulations, the legal profession demand is increasing day by day.
CLAT UG Question Paper Format
|Timing/Duration of the CLAT exam||Exam is of 2 hours|
|MCQS(multiple choice question)||150 mcqs each contain one maks|
|Negative marking||0.25 marks will cut for each mistake|
|CLAT Subjects||Number of Question|
|Legal reasoning||34 to 38 Questions means 20% from paper.|
|QT(Quantitative Techniques)||14 to 18 questions means 10% from paper|
|Logical reasoning||29 to 32 questions means 20%|
What is the future of CLAT?
After the CLAT the best career option is to become a judge. To qualify for the judge position, the candidate must have passed the state level of the Judiciary exam.
If you pass the test as a new graduate in law, you are appointed as an entry-level judge.
With time, experience, and expertise, one can gradually become a high court judge.
Now you will get the idea that there are many opportunities for law graduates, and they all are rewarding. Firstly you need to pass the CLAT exam with good marks.
If you score good marks in the CLAT exam, you can be admitted into the top law college.
In this article, you will learn about CLAT, Law, judicial service, and many more.
The CLAT exam is the most respected exam of India. By passing this exam, we can be admitted to the LLB line. Candidates who top in the exam get admission in (NLU) National Law University, as well as many private colleges, are available.
By taking admission in such colleges, one can get good placements in government and private firms.
- Law in India is the most rewarding career, but at the same time, it is the most challenging job.
- Person interested and passionate about India’s legal system and wants to join a challenging job.
- Nowadays, the importance of law graduates has increased in many fields.
- In the CLAT exam, more than 9000 candidates appeared in 2009, whereas in 2019, this number increased to 60,000.
- Candidates who graduate in law and want a stable government job can enter Judicial Services.
Law firms are nothing but a type of business organization that are formed with the help of one or more lawyers.
Indian corporate law service (ICLS)
To take a job in ICLS, one must crack the civil services Examination, which is conducted by UPSC. After the CLAT exam, there are various opportunities for all law students.
The average yearly salary in CLAT is 8lacks rupees. Many people work in a course like corporate law, intellectual law, environment law, and in civil services- many law graduates candidates take the UPSC exams for IAS, IFS, and IPS.
About CLAT examination
- The CLAT exam will be held offline.
- The CLAT exam is in English medium
- Candidates who are preparing or registering for the CLAT exam are advised to kindly download their admit card from CLAT official website.(NOTE) Admit card of the candidate will not be sent by any email or post/and not by any offline mode.
- Any type of editing and change will not be allowed after the submission of the form successfully.
- In CLAT, there is negative marking so if any of the questions becomes wrong, your 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- In 2023, the CLAT exam Common law Admission Test will be held on December 19.