Did you know that Americans spend more than $10 billion on oral care products annually? That’s a lot of money for something most of us do once or twice a day for about six minutes at a time. It’s also, as it turns out, nowhere near enough to get our teeth clean. As it turns out, the average toothbrush is only good for cleaning about 60 percent of your teeth at once. This leaves 40% of your mouth unclean — which is why dentists recommend brushing for longer and harder than you probably are now. But there’s another way to clean your teeth thoroughly…so much so that dentists now advise switching to an electric toothbrush with ultraviolet light fluorescence technology to ensure even the last nooks and crannies are cleaned.
What’s the Difference between an Electric Toothbrush and a Manual Toothbrush?
The short answer is that a Sonic Electric Toothbrush cleans your teeth more thoroughly than a manual brush. While manual brushes do the job, they don’t do it as thoroughly as an electric toothbrush. Manual brushes apply only about 50 percent as much pressure as is recommended by dentists. Electric toothbrushes can apply more pressure than a manual toothbrush, getting rid of even more plaque. An electric toothbrush also gives you a better brushing technique than a manual toothbrush, as it pauses every 30 seconds to prompt you to switch quadrants.
Why I Chose the Sonic Electric Toothbrush
I’ve always been more than a little suspicious of claims made by the companies that produce the electric brushes, seeing their marketing as nothing more than a ploy to make more money on a product that doesn’t really need to be any more advanced than a standard brush. But I knew switching to an electric toothbrush would be worth it only if I could find one that was better than the brushes I was already using. I’d heard about Oclean’s UV-C technology and UV-C Cleaning that’s proven to be twice as effective as a manual brush in removing the harmful plaque that causes tooth decay, gum disease, and even bad breath. So I decided to put it to the test.
The Reasons Why I Now Recommend This Toothbrush
The bristles are made of a high-quality material that feels firmer than standard toothbrush bristles, but also seems gentler on my teeth and gums. The Smart Toothbrush has a built-in timer that changes color every 30 seconds to indicate which quadrant of my mouth I should be brushing. This helps me make sure I’m brushing my entire mouth.
3 Features I Love about the Sonic Toothbrush
– The UV-C Cleaning – The UV-C technology kills 99 percent of the bacteria that causes bad breath and gum disease but have a look at your toothpaste. You must know How many calories are in toothpaste. This is great for people with braces or dental work, since this can be a common problem. The UV-C cleaning is also perfect for people who are sensitive to strong-smelling toothpaste. – The Brush Timer – The built-in timer changes color every 30 seconds to indicate which quadrant of my mouth I should be brushing. This helps me make sure I’m brushing my entire mouth. – The Charging Dock – The sanitization station is another great reason to try this toothbrush. UV-C kills up to 99% of the bacteria that causes bad breath and gum disease in only two minutes.
If you’re looking for an electric toothbrush that does an excellent job of removing harmful plaque, has advanced UV-C cleaning, and is gentle on your teeth and gums, then the Sonic Electric toothbrush is a great choice.