Cartridge heaters are industrial heating elements. It is tube based that can be inserted in the drilled holes. The tube-shaped construction makes it a versatile heating element. They are used for various types of heating processes in the industry for providing precise heating. It is manufactured to a particular watt density required by the application. These heaters are very easy to install.
High Temperature Cartridge Heater are used for high-temperature applications. The temperature for these applications can be between 1400° F or 760° C up to 1600° F or 870° C. These heaters maximize heat transfer and vibration resistance.
Industrial Heater are used in converting the energy source to thermal energy in the system. Here, heat transfer is the process of changing thermal energy from an energy source to a system. The industrial heating element is the most essential characteristic of the industrial heating system. It will save money and time and increase efficiency.
What Purpose Do Cartridge Heaters Serve?
- Medical Equipment – Cartridge heaters are very useful in the medicinal world. The patient feels comfortable because of the heating used in the medical devices. The devices are very accurate. These devices are the choice for professionals.
- Die Casting – Die Casting is the process of shaping the molten metal under high pressure into a mold cavity. Here, a higher watt density heater is required. The temperature of the metal is controlled by the heater accurately. The die casting is made up of non-ferrous metals like zinc, aluminum, copper, lead, magnesium, pewter, and tin-based alloys.
- Molds – Cartridge heaters must be applied to molds through the drilled holes. This hole matches the diameter of the cartridge. The molten metal is poured into the mold for shaping. The heaters maintain the temperature. It helps in preventing unevenness and weakness as the metal sets. Cartridge heaters are also used for other materials like rubber.
- Food production – The food production industries require the precise application of heat. This will keep the food in the right condition. For example, the wrong temperature can make the vegetable oil viscose. This needs to be managed carefully by the cartridge heater. During the whole process of food production storage this type of device is used.
- Other localized heating – Cartridge heaters are used in various ways. But mainly they are used in the manufacturing and processing fields. Some of them are –
- Laminating presses
- Plastic molding
- Scientific equipment
- Stamping equipment
- 3 D printing
- Hole punching equipment
- Fuel cells
- HVAC compressors
- Extrusion equipment
Cartridge heaters are cylindrical tubular heating devices that give precise heating for various machines, equipment, and materials. The most important factor which is there in these heaters is the watt density. Engineers are very aware of the watt density because it is the heat that is transferred through the surface of the heaters. These have become very essential parts of the industrial process. This is very popular because of their preciseness, efficiency, and responsiveness.