The Workings of Sewage Systems:
Pipes transfer sewage from homes and businesses to the main sewers through the sewage system. Normally, waste flows into the main sewer via the network’s pipes by way of gravity.
To get the sewage to the main sewer in low-lying places where it sits higher than domestic sewer pipes, an alternative method must be used. Sewage pump stations come into play here.
What exactly is a sewage pumping station?
The sewage from a building or a cluster of buildings is collected in a big tank known as a wet well at a pumping station. The wet well receives sewage from a number of different residences.
A preset level of sewage will then be allowed to accumulate in the well. At this point, either a pump will pressurise the sewage and force it to move upwards to where it will enter the main sewer, or the sewage will simply flow into the main sewer on its own via gravity.
Why not give us a try if you want to establish a septic system installation and a home sewerage treatment plant?
When is a pump station a necessity?
- When the expense of groundwork to allow sewage to flow by gravity is more than the cost of a sewage pumping station.
- When a ridge is crossed by the sewer line.
- Septic waste can’t pass through the floor of the basement if it’s too low.
- Where there is no gravitational system in place.
Sewage Pump Stations provide many benefits:
- The installation of a sewage system is made easier by the presence of a pump station, which can also reduce construction costs.
- Remote monitoring devices keep pump station personnel informed.
- This removes the potential of health issues because sewage is automatically pumped without human touch.
- Pumps of various sizes are available for both household and commercial use.
- To avoid clogging, the pump’s intake is usually large.
- There are sirens on sewage pumping systems that notify you if something goes wrong. Sewage spills are less likely to occur because you are notified of the problem promptly.
Sewage Pump Station Disadvantages:
- To guarantee the system’s reliability and suitability, it must be designed and installed by professionals. It might be pricey because of the need for expertise.
- There is still a cost to using a gravity system over a pump system, even though pump systems require less power.
- Finding replacement parts for your pump can be a challenge. If you have a maintenance contract with Pumping Solutions, you can prevent this situation.
- Reliability can be harmed by fat and grease buildup.
- Pumps are chosen to minimise the possibility of blockages, however blockages can still occur.
Your pump provider should be able to help you with most of the downsides, such as blockages or fat buildup. Prior to making a recommendation for your sewage pump station, we take the time to get to know you and your needs. Fat buildup and blockages could be prevented if we take action now.