Every single thing which has come to life on the planet. However, few have an inborn drive that causes life to be awestruck. One of the people who the most difficult obstacles in life are able to be overcome could be Cliff Devries from the United States. The diving instructor at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) is a source of inspiration for many.
Cliff Devries is back in the news as the diving coach of Tigers every time for the 97th consecutive time between 2021 and 2022. We present to you a complete review of the events that led to Cliff Devries and his amazing story.
Who is Cliff Devries?
Cliff Devries was born on 30 October 1973. He is a well-known dive instructor at the Rochester Institute of Technology and is, most importantly an opportunistic cancer survivor. He gained fame and received a lot of media attention in the years 2016 and 2017 when the diver jumped a 3 meter diving board despite being crippled.
He’s back in the news after being the coach of Tiger’s team for the third time in 97 years. He is an American diver. United States. In addition his professional achievements, he was at the height of his profession after an unplanned accident changed life around for him.
In the next section we will provide a detailed explanation of what happened to Cliff Devries. But, before this, let’s look through some amazing facts about the coach.
More Facts About Cliff Devries
- Cliff Devries won the championship twice, including Section V Champion and the Empire State Games Championship.
- He was the first to establish the Mavericks Dive Club and kickstarted his career as a diving instructor for Monroe Community College.
- In addition, he took home an average of 8 Conference Championships.
- The award was presented to him as to the Upper New York State Athletic Conference repeatedly for the years 2000, 2002 and 2007-2008 , and 2011.
What Happened to Cliff Devries ?
- In in 1995 Cliff Devries was diagnosed with a brain tumor that was 6 inches long. To eliminate the tumor, he underwent an operation that took over 13 hours.
- However, a couple of glitches during the procedure left him totally paralyzed in his left side from the neck up to the down part.
- However, the paralyzes could not overcome the enthusiasm and zeal that was Cliff Devries, who practised for months, and then regained his strength on the left, responding to the question What happened to Cliff Devries.
He made media news in 2017 when, at his birthday i.e. on the 30th day of October jumped into the pool using a 3 meter diving board. The video soon went famous across the media, and was also what made him an household celebrity.
After his dive, he said he found that the dive was thrilling and that diving is always an enjoyable activity for him. The tale that follows Cliff Devries is one of motivation and determination. Through his passion and desire to experience life and be himself, he overcame his flaws and has now gone on to become the head director at RIT for the hundred and 97th time.