Despite the fact that poker has become the most popular card game, there are still many people who do not know how to play poker. Despite being a fairly simple game, in which strategy is the great winner, many people do not know how to play.
But for that we are here, we are going to show you a series of keys with which it will be much easier for you to start playing poker. Like everything in life, at first it may seem complicated, but with experience everything starts to get easier. Of course, the more you play, the more you know and the more chances you have to win the game.
Poker game information
Thanks to the collaboration of EasyPokerB poker experts, we have learned that poker was initially designed for 2 to 7 players. Although as they tell us, to enjoy a good experience it is recommended that there be at least 6 or 7 players at the table.
Depending on the variety of poker being played, the number of players may be higher or lower. Normally it is usually less in some tournaments.
Regardless of the type of poker we play, we can say that it is always played clockwise.
Poker is always played with an international deck of cards, which has 52 cards. In the vast majority of versions there are no jokers because they are not needed in this game.
What is the value of cards in poker?
In order to start playing poker it is important to know the value of each of the cards. The value ordered from largest to smallest is as follows: A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
To make playing poker more comfortable, chips are always used. They have a certain value depending on the game that is going to be enjoyed. The exchange is simple, the player buys chips and then exchanges them at the end of the game or tournament for real money. It is a way to make things easier and thus make the game more fluid. You can play with money directly, but it is not so comfortable with chips.
Steps to play poker
To make it easier for you to understand how each game works, we are going to show you the steps that are taken. That way it will be much easier for you.
First, an initial bet is placed. It is always done by placing one or more chips in the middle. The chips that are placed in the middle zone is called the pot.
After making the initial bet the dealer deals the cards to the players.
Each player personally must look at their cards. At that moment the opportunity to increase the bet is offered. If a player raises the bet, the rest of the players will have to match or raise it if they want to continue playing. If the cards are bad, what is done is to abandon the hand to wait for a better opportunity.
The players that remain in the game are called active players. At that moment, the community cards begin to be placed on the table.
In the first round, three community cards are dealt. In the second round one and in the third another. To continue playing in each of the rounds it is necessary to match or increase the bet of the rest of the players.
When all rounds come to an end, the currently active players must show their cards. At that moment, the strongest move will be evaluated. The winning player will take the entire pot on the table.
The main objective of poker is to win money, for this reason it is important to always have the best hand. If there is only one player left, there is no need to turn over the cards. The remaining active player will automatically win the pot.
What is the value of the hands?
To be able to play poker it is essential to know the real value of the cards. To help you, we are going to show a list that you should always keep in mind.
- Straight Flush: Formed by joining five consecutive cards of the same suit. The ace can count as high in order to form the royal flush. In this case the combination would be AKQJ-10 of a suit.
- Poker: it is formed when there are four cards of the same value and another loose. Example, 7777K.
- Complete: obtained when you get three cards of the same value and then a pair of another rank.
- Color: also known as flush. It is formed when a run of five cards of the same suit is created, but they are not consecutive.
- Straight: is formed by getting five consecutive cards in a row, but not all of them are in the same suit.
- Trio: it is formed when three cards of the same value are obtained and another two loose. An example might be 888 and 10 and 6.
- Double Pair: obtained by forming two pairs, each pair of a different rank. For example 44 JJ and another loose letter.
- Pair: it is achieved with two cards of the same value, while the other three do not form anything.
- Highest Card: If none of the above is rolled, then the highest card wins.
As you well know, the objective of playing poker is to have fun and, above all, to win money. For this reason, it is recommended to know the card combinations very well. Also, if you are learning, we recommend that you play first at demo tables, that is, with chips, but without paying for them. And once you know how to play you will make the jump to the tables with real money. It is important to learn without having to pay to avoid making your losses too big.