Whether it’s improved digitization in our lives or utmost dependence on high-speed internet, everything has been added as the most necessary for the social ecosystem, especially when the COVID-19 pandemic knocked across the globe. With the rise of engineering wireless services, wireless internet connection is now a new transformation that provides unparalleled high-speed network connectivity. This is called Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), which can be viable with a 5G network –network operators with the support of FWA can deliver ultra-high-speed broadband supporting home and business applications where fiber is too expensive to maintain.
Telecom operators using 5G FWA technology can deliver broadband internet services to those customers who do not have a fixed broadband connection thus, expand their revenue stream. So now let us see How Stable 5G Network with User-friendly Mobile Network Monitoring Tools, Mobile Network Drive Test Tools, Mobile Network Testing Tools and User-friendly RF drive test tools & equipment, RF tester software app & network LTE 4g tester can promote fixed wireless access
What is Fixed Wireless Access (FWA)?
FWA or Fixed Wireless Access is an efficient alternative to fixed-line routers/wired connections. 5G FWA performs as a 5G router to make available for internet access – it’s a medium of network access that delivers high-speed broadband services as compared to current fixed-line DSL, cable, or fiber connections. 5G FWA is an enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB) use case of 5G used to deliver a superior customer experience quickly plus economically with improved wireless communication and provides ultra-high bandwidth to deliver the heavy content at a significantly faster speed.
With a 5G FWA network (using New Radio (NR) in the millimeter wavelength), everyone can have access to a high-speed wireless connection irrespective of location as people based in suburban and rural areas are able to use such technology. In addition, 5G Fixed Wireless Access is more effective in developing countries, especially where fixed broadband is not yet prevalent or expensive to place.
Benefits of Fixed Wireless Access (FWA)
1. An alternative for copper networks: One of the greatest benefits of FWA technology is the replacement of traditional copper networks or fixed-line routers. Copper networks are tedious both from a financial and operational perspective as they consist of distribution cables, feeder cables, splice boxes, and pedestals. At the same point, FWA deployment is complete electronic hence its costs get reduced in a faster way as compared to copper networks.
2. The best plan value-wise for both developed and developing markets: When it comes to the developed markets, they will be benefitted from FWA, majorly in three segments –
- Providing broadband connectivity in urban areas
- Serving rural areas where wireline infrastructure is a significant challenge
- Fulfilling internet connectivity demand in those regions where temporary services are required for events, festivals, concerts, etc.
- And, when it comes to developing markets, it is almost the same as developed markets as they will have high bandwidth with FWA rather than ISDN (Integrated Service Digital Network).
3. Ensure bandwidth capacity: 5G FWA is easily deployed at reasonable costs and using the lower bands of the wireless spectrum. Thus, it is considered the future alternative for wired broadband.
4. Leveraging for radio innovations: As supported by 3GPP radio access technology, FWA can leverage radio innovations like advanced modulation schemes, LTE air interface, carrier aggregation, and multi-antenna technologies. Such benefits with some mechanisms like multi-antenna CPEs and high-gain outdoor CPEs, fixed wireless can optimize performance even better.
Wi-fi mobile hotspot
If you are a smartphone user can connect your device with wi-fi hotspot as any Android and iPhone handset can be connected to a WiFi hotspot that is also known as a.k.a Wi-fi tethering. But the problem is that getting wi-fi tethering connection in smartphones is apt for a limited duration because-
- Plans are not suitable for tethering as many operators allow limited tapping, which occurs to slowdown connection.
- In some cases, your device is not accessible for calls especially when it fluctuates from 2G to 3G or 4G.
- In such a case when you use a Wi-fi hotspot, the battery of your device gets drained quickly.
- And hotspot coverage area is very limited, let’s say within 10 or 20 fits distance, you can use the hotspot.
Get a look at the overview of three different technologies mentioned below:
Wi-Fi hotspot with MiFi
MiFi is widely used for mobile Wireless Router, which creates only a Wi-Fi hotspot and operates the same what a smartphone does. It is available from varied vendors such as dongles or wi-fi recharge devices, etc.
Wi-Fi hotspot indoor
- Either with MiFi devices or smartphones, you can connect Wi-Fi hotspots indoors, but it’s not considered the greatest method due to the following reasons:
- Mobile signal decreases while going through the wall
- MiFi devices are only suitable in small coverage areas
Fixed Wireless Access Indoors
In this case, an external antenna is connected to CPE (customer premises equipment) along with a W-fi router. When the signal receives from the external antenna, network coverage gets high as it’s applicable for large areas.
The high speed and low latency of FWA is the best substitute for cable wired broadband connections. The fixed wireless access or FWA comprises lower costs and a reduction on constraints in the last mile, which means it can serve homes and businesses online with a larger perspective. This new opportunity, such as FWA will be beneficial for the global customers, but for that, a stable 5G network is a must. Here comes a 5G network testing solution that can be performed by a non-traditional method such as the RantCell Pro app.
It is a smart 5G RF drive testing software that can accurately measure KPIs such as RSRP, RSRQ, Voice calls and Dropped calls, SMS, and Ping tests, etc., and provide results in real-time with no post-processing efforts, thereby improving efficiency on 5G network testing. Choose RantCell as your network monitoring and testing partner with at least an $80/month subscription plan.