Choosing the right wedding band can be a daunting task. There are so many different styles and price points to consider that it’s easy to get lost in all options. But don’t worry – we’re here to help! We’ve put together this list of tips for choosing the eternity wedding band for you, as well as some great resources for finding bands in your area.
- Consider your budget from the start: You may not want to spend a lot on an accessory that will only be worn once, but if you do have a bit more budget, there is no harm in overspending on something just because it will make your day extra special. The most important thing is that you are happy with your choice and can afford it.
Moreover, it is important to be realistic about how often you will wear your wedding band. If you plan to do a lot of manual labour or work with your hands, it may not be the best choice for you, especially if diamond bands are out of your price range! Instead, opt for something that has an alternative metal like titanium, which is much more durable and better suited for these types of jobs.
- Talk to friends: Ask around for recommendations from people who have recently been married or engaged – they’ll be able to give you a first-hand account of how the wedding band fitted, was comfortable, looked on their finger etc. if someone close has just got married ask them if they like their ring! You may even find out what shop(s) they bought from, which could come in handy later on. Plus, you’ll be able to get a feel for what style of ring they have, and it may help you decide on your own band.
- Research online: The best place to start when looking into wedding bands is the internet! You can find diamonds, gemstones, metals etc., all in one place, so this saves time and effort having to visit different shops or markets just to compare prices. There are plenty of other options available which aren’t always displayed in stores, such as titanium, which isn’t very popular but would suit certain people more than others. Also, look out for alternative stones that aren’t traditional ones like moissanite. This stone looks much more similar to diamond due to its sparkle factor; however, it’s actually much cheaper!
- Browse Pinterest boards: There’s nothing better than getting inspiration straight into your brain without having to do any work yourself, so why not take a look at some wedding bands by searching #weddingbands or similar hashtags on Pinterest? You’ll be able to see loads of different styles and designs that might inspire your own wedding band choice or just help you decide what style of ring you want.
- Think about the metal: Whether you want to have moissanite wedding bands or a platinum wedding band, you’ll need to choose the metal. Silver is a popular choice for those who want something less expensive and more durable than gold – but white gold offers a similar colour (and can also be made into different colours if desired) without being quite as pricey.
- Consider the details: One of the best ways to find a wedding band that you love is by searching for bands with design elements and style features you like. If, for example, one of your favourite parts about an engagement ring is its intricate setting on either side of diamonds, then make sure any wedding bands you’re considering have something similar! Besides, if you have a specific design that you want to repeat, the wedding band can also be engraved with your names or special words and phrases.
- Take your time!: If both of you are inexperienced in shopping for rings together, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all of the options. The best way forward is simply taking things one step at a time. For instance, if you’re a novice when it comes to diamond shopping and aren’t entirely sure what cut or clarity rating is best for your budget, then start with the classic round brilliant shape. Then focus on choosing just one band – whether that’s something simple or ornate is up to you!
- Think about the width: The thickness of your wedding band matters too – a narrow ring won’t offer as much protection for your diamond (or other stone) as one with a bit more width. You also want to make sure that you’ll be able to comfortably wear whatever type of ring you end up choosing, so think carefully about this factor.
Ladies, if you’re buying a wedding band for yourself or your partner, then it’s important to remember that our hands change size throughout the day – especially during the summer and winter months. You might need to shop around until you find one that fits well at all times of the year. And guys: don’t assume that just because she wears a size five ring now, that she’ll wear a seven if you get her the perfect diamond engagement ring!
- Look for any messages to engrave on it: If you’re buying a wedding band that will be engraved, then it’s important to always check the legibility of your message! Just because something looks nice on paper doesn’t mean that people won’t have any trouble reading what you’ve written. And if there are accompanying engravings like couples’ names or dates, make sure they line up as well – this is a pretty easy fix at most jewellers.
- Plan for the future: If you’re in a situation where money is going to be tight soon after your wedding, then it’s probably better not to get something that will need sizing quickly. And if you’ve got an expensive ring and want some security just in case anything happens – like losing or damaging your band – take comfort knowing these are covered by insurance.
Conclusion: By following these simple tips, you should be able to find the perfect wedding band and ensure it fits just right.