Are you planning to remodel your kitchen?
It’s a great idea! Remodeling a kitchen might be your ticket to creating the kitchen of your dreams. It may also increase the value of your home.
Before you start putting together a home remodel plan, check out the cost of a kitchen remodel so you know where to begin. Read on for an overview of the average kitchen remodel cost.
Average Cost of a Kitchen Remodel: Breaking it Down
The average cost of a kitchen remodel can be broken down into several different categories namely:
- Material costs – this includes the cost of all the materials you will need for your remodel
- Labor costs – the cost of hiring someone to do the work for you
- Miscellaneous costs – this includes things like permits and other fees
- Cost of appliances – includes the cost of any new appliances you will need for your remodel
- Cost of your time – This is the cost of your time and effort to complete the remodel.
How Much Does a Kitchen Remodel Cost?
The average cost of designing a kitchen can vary greatly depending on the size of the kitchen, the quality of materials used, and the extent of the renovation.
However, a basic kitchen remodel costs between $15,000 and $25,000, with most homeowners spending around $20,500 on the project. For a more complete kitchen overhaul, the average cost jumps to $30,000 or more.
High-end kitchen remodels can even cost upwards of $100,000.
Factors That Affect Cost of a Kitchen Remodel
There are a few different factors that affect the cost of a kitchen remodel, such as:
- Size of the kitchen – a smaller kitchen will cost less to remodel than a larger one
- Amount of work – if you’re doing a few cosmetic changes, it will be less expensive than if you’re gutting the kitchen and starting from scratch
- Quality of the materials -choosing higher quality materials will cost more than using lower quality materials
- Location of the kitchen – in a major city, the cost of labor and materials will be higher than if you’re in a smaller town
Ways to Save Money on a Kitchen Remodel
One option is to complete the project in phases, tackling the most important aspects of the kitchen first and then working on smaller, less essential items as time and money allow.
Do some or all of the work yourself. This can help to reduce the cost of labor.
Kitchen Remodeling Mistakes That Cost you Money
Hiring a professional kitchen remodeling contractor to remodel your kitchen is a significant investment. The average cost of kitchen remodels runs in the thousands.
As with any major financial decision, it is important to do your research to avoid making any mistakes that could cost you money.
Some of the most common mistakes people make when remodeling their kitchen include: not having a clear budget, not getting multiple bids from contractors, not getting enough storage, and choosing the wrong appliances.
Let the Kitchen Remodelling Begin
If you’re planning to upgrade your kitchen, the cost of a kitchen remodel will depend on the size of your kitchen, the materials you choose, the appliance you want, and the contractor you hire.
Get several estimates from local contractors to get a range of prices. Then, work with your contractor to create a cohesive plan that fits your budget.
Are you interested in learning more about improving your home? Read more on our blog posts to learn more!