A common development for people of all genders is Hair Loss. But, besides affecting your self-confidence, a bald spot also sets off feelings of awkwardness.
There are several causes of hair loss which include:
- Hormone Levels
- Cancer Treatment
- Certain Hair Care Practices
- Skin Health
- Inherited Medical Conditions or which are related to the body’s immune system
There are certain Pre Shave Oil which can help regrow hair on a bald spot or if thinning has occurred, it helps to thicken up hair growth in those areas.
But you should always rely on some proven methods of hair growth and always be cautious of treatments and products who might make big promises but there is no scientific proof to establish them.
Sometimes, good results can be produced by simple home remedies, but if home remedies aren’t working for you, you might require prescription or over the counter medications or some kind of a Natural Aftershave.
But you might have to go for surgical or medical procedures if all of these approaches don’t prove to be effective. Read on to find out some of the most effective treatments of treating a bald patch.
Some natural treatments of a bald spot:-
When you decide to go for some natural hair growth methods, they mainly focuses on enhancing the hair follicle health, or improving the circulation in the scalp and thereby restoring your hair quality.
There are several products available in your home itself which may be used for different other purposes but proves to be quite useful for hair growth.
These are some of the options:-
(1) Peppermint Oil: This oil is effectively known to treat irritable bowel syndrome, headaches and other illnesses. But, they can also function as an efficacious topical treatment in order to safely boost your hair growth.
You can either use shampoo with this oil or just rub some peppermint oil into your scalp.
(2) Rosemary Oil: Besides having anti-inflammatory properties, Rosemary Oil helps improve the circulation, so it is one of the most preferred natural choice for treating hair loss. You can consider using a natural aftershave which contains rosemary oil or you can also gently rub a small amount of it over your bald spot.
(3) Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has its fame in the market as a skin treatment medication mainly for healing wounds and relief from burns. But, they also play a significant part in safeguarding the scalp from various types of diseases, and thus, assist in the regrowth of hair.
Owing to Aloe Vera’s anti-inflammatory properties, and a lot of useful minerals, enzymes, and other healthy ingredients which are present in Aloe Vera, makes it a safe as well as an effective hair growth treatment.
Before shampooing your hair, just massage it into your scalp and the job is done. You can also mix it with coconut milk or wheat germ oil.
(4)Massage: One of the simplest ways to help boost circulation in the scalp and thus stretch the hair follicle cells which promotes thicker hair growth, a robust scalp massage can be more than enough.
Press your finger against your scalp firmly but gently and rub them across your scalp for at least 5 minutes.
Over the Counter treatment for bald spots:
There are several OTC products which promises to reverse hair loss, or at least slow down the effect. Some of the most reliable OTC treatments for bald spots include:
(1) Collagen based products: Collagen is basically a protein which is found in the skin and elsewhere in the body. If you are experiencing thinning of hair due to androgenetic alopecia, these products which are often mixed in Natural Aftershave can help in hair growth and thus thinning of your hair. Always look for shampoos, conditioners, serums, ointments, Pre Shave Oil which contains collagen. Just rub it into your scalp or use them while bathing. They are also available as injections.
(2) Minoxidil: Minoxidil is one of the most proven treatments which is widely used. They are available in foam, shampoo or liquid options. You can also get stronger forms of Minoxidil with just a certified doctor’s prescription.
(3) Vitamin Supplements: There are certain vitamins and minerals which are associated with hair growth, like Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, B Vitamins including biotin, which is the prime ingredient of hair growth treatments, Iron, Zinc.
Medical Treatments for a bald spot:
Doctors recommend one or more of the most common prescription medications for hair loss.
(1) Finasteride: Finasteride is one of the most widely used prescribed hair growth drugs. They are unisex and thus can be used by both men and women.
(2) Corticosteroids: You can apply prescription strength corticosteroids available in liquid form which you can directly apply to your scalp. Children affected with Alopecia Areata can specifically benefit from this.
People with Alopecia Areata can help revive hair growth within just a few weeks by injecting corticosteroids into areas of patchy hair loss.
Thus, you now get an idea that regrowing hair on a bald spot is very much possible. In order to get the desired results, just opt for any of the methods mentioned above. But make sure you hold your patience and take into consideration all the available options including Pre Shave Oil if you are also experiencing this common issue.