To win a high-paying job as a cook in a top restaurant, job applicants need to put up a compelling resume. Using these sample cook resumes, you can understand how to write a resume that will land you the desired job. Read this example to understand how to work on resume design, format, and content all put together to make a strong cook resume.
How to Write A Cook Resume?
Cooks in dine-in restaurants, fast food restaurants, cafeterias, and other institutions use precise recipes to prepare meals for consumers. Therefore, cooks must adhere to food safety regulations and maintain a clean working environment. The following are steps to writing a good cook resume:
The design of a cook’s Resume
Your Resume’s layout comprises the headers and subheadings you’ve chosen. In addition, it outlines the specifics of each component, such as what data should be included in each one.
Here are some suggested the following format for a cook’s Resume:
- Name and contact information in the header.
- Executive summary/objective summary
- Work experience.
- Additional parts (certificates, interests, and awards).
Cook Resume Template
If you’re applying to work in the restaurant sector, you should use a resume template that reflects the industry and your personality.
Restaurant hiring managers are fed up with having to slog through endless piles of dull theses-type resumes. As a result, a terrific template customized to your profile makes it simple to stand out from the crowd.
Consider the following while building a template for a cook resume:
- Define the fonts, colors, and sizes for each heading and subsection.
- Consider adopting the restaurant’s logo colors if you apply for a position there.
- Maintain uniform margins on all sides of the paper.
- Save the document as both a PDF and Text file.
Choose A Format For Your Cook Resume
When writing your Resume’s experience and education sections, the structure is critical since it dictates the order in which the material is presented.
There are three commonly used formats:
- Functional Resume Format: Also known as the skill-based format, the experience section is composed according to the respective skills.
- Reverse Chronological Order: In reverse chronological order, the most recent experience of the candidate is listed first.
- Hybrid Resume Format: The hybrid format is a blend of the functional and reverse chronological formats.
Do some research before making a decision.
An Application Tracking System (ATS) will almost certainly be used to select your cook resume. The technology will scan your Resume for keywords and determine if it’s worth a manager’s time. As a result, you must include the correct keywords in your Resume.
Showcase Your Culinary Knowledge and Skills
Your cook resume’s experience section is the most significant part when interviewing potential employees; hiring managers want to know that potential employees have prepared meals in a restaurant setting. But, of course, you can’t learn how to cook from a book.
What Is A Good Cook Resume Example?
Dynamic cook looking to join Petal’s cuisine to provide high-quality dishes with over three years of expertise in a busy restaurant setting at Green Premium Kitchen. I once worked a job where I served more than 30 platters during rush hour without sacrificing the quality.
August 2016 to the Present
Green Premium Kitchen, NC
- Collaborated closely with the head chef and assisted in managing a staff of twelve kitchen employees
- Continuously enhanced the restaurant’s food quality, resulting in a two-year rating increase from 4.1% to 4.5%.
- We have reduced food ingredient waste by 11% by implementing a just-in-time procurement system.
- Served approximately 200 entrées on Saturday evening shifts.
April 2016 to Aug 2019
The Grace, NC
- Carried did various kitchen duties, including preparing meat, slicing vegetables, and packing orders for dine-in and take-out.
- Evaluated ingredients from several providers to select the best.
- Maintained a clean kitchen by performing scheduled and impromptu cleanings
- Salads, cooked meat, and prepared hot and cold beverages
Completion of high school
The Sunset High School, 2012 to 2015
- Preparation of food
- Understanding of food safety regulations
- Understanding of 5-star recipes
- A capacity for pressured work
- Certification from a culinary school
A cook resume is a must-have if you’re looking for a new position in the industry and are passionate about culinary arts. Some of you may seek your first professional work in a professional kitchen, while others may be looking to change restaurants and develop a new skill set. When writing a cook resume, this example will show you exactly what to include and how to format it.