UTET (Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test) Eligibility 2021 is released by UBSE (Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education). However, you need not specifically be from Uttarakhand to apply for UTET. Students from any state can apply for this test as the eligibility criterion requires candidates to be citizens of India, and there are no state-based restrictions.
According to the conducting body of UTET, any Indian citizen who fulfills the eligibility criteria – primarily, the age limit and educational qualifications – can apply for UTET.
Therefore, to apply for UTET Exam 2021, you must adhere to all the important guidelines. The aspirants who fail to fulfill all the UTET eligibility criteria at any stage will be barred from the selection process and can’t apply for the test.
Listed below are the key details of UTET eligibility criteria 2021:
- Educational Qualifications:
Since the UTET aims to prepare candidates to recruit on teaching profiles in public or private schools of Uttarakhand, the students must possess specific educational qualifications to teach different subjects in the schools of Uttarakhand.
Educational qualification to teach in Primary Classes (1st to 5th):
- Senior Secondary or its equivalent degree, with Minimum 50 % Marks or Appearing or passed 2 years of Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.Ed/BTC).
- Graduation in any discipline or its equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% marks or appearing in the final year of Diploma in Elementary Education (B.T.C./D.El.Ed.) or appearing in the final year of B.Ed.
Educational qualification to teach in Elementary Classes (6th to 8th):
- Graduated with 50% marks and passed Bachelor in Education (B. Ed.)
- Graduation with at least 45% marks in B.Ed.
- SSC with a minimum of 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of Bachelor degree in Elementary Education (B.L.Ed.).
- SSC or its equivalent qualification with a minimum of 50% marks and passing or appearing in the final year of Bachelor degree B.A/ B.Sc. Ed. or B.A. Ed./B.Sc. Ed.
2. Nationality eligibility to apply for UTET 2021:
- Candidates from any state of India with Indian citizenship, either permanent residents of India or citizens of India, can apply for the UTET exam.
- Candidates must have valid and government-issued documents to prove their residency or citizenship in the country.
3. Age eligibility to apply for UTET 2021:
- Candidates should be minimum of 18 years of age, and their age should not be more than 38 years.
4. Other eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must belong to the general category, SC, ST, and specially-abled. All categories of students will be eligible if they meet the needed guidelines.
- Candidates need to fill up an application form. The form costs from INR 600 to INR 1000 for the general category and INR 300 to INR 500 for SC, ST, and PH category candidates. The fee charged varies depending on the exam, UTET 1 or UTET 2, students apply for.
- Candidates should not carry any electric or digital devices into the exam hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any beverages or eatables in the exam hall. However, they can carry drinking water with them.
- Candidates need to carry their own stationery in the exam hall. Borrowing is not allowed.
If any of the candidates fail to meet any of the specified guidelines, they will be immediately barred from the examination and recruitment process.
Exam Pattern of UTET 2021:
- UTET exam pattern for Paper-1 includes 5 subjects – Child Development and Pedagogy, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Language I, and Language II.
- UTET Paper-2 comprises only 4 subjects – Child Development and Pedagogy, Mathematics & Science/Social Science, Language I, and Language II.
- There is no minus marking to give wrong answers in both Paper-1 and Paper-2
- The Exam is conducted in offline mode. The online mode of examination is not available.
- The duration for each UTET paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
In short, the candidates interested in applying for the UTET and teaching in Uttrakhand have to fill up an application form, meet the eligibility criteria and stay equipped with the examination hall disciplines to appear in the exam.
Applying for UTET?
Now that you know all the essential eligibility guidelines to appear in the UTET, start preparing for it today. For the best preparation tips and expert guidance for successfully clearing the exam, you can refer to BYJU’s Exam Prep, an onlineportal that has all the resources you need to prepare for the exam.
From the best study material and latest exam pattern to the exclusive set of test series and syllabus, here you will find everything. Created by experts,BYJU’s Exam Prep will help you hone your skill and get on par with the competition.