- Crow’s feet or wrinkles around the eyes are a common skin concern that steals the youthfulness from the face.
- This condition can be caused by collagen and elastin loss due to aging or sun damage.
- Crow’s feet may also appear prematurely due to excessive frowning and facial expressions.
- There are several ways to prevent or get rid of crow’s feet.
- These include preventive measures, like sun protection, anti-aging eye creams, and keeping your face relaxed.
- You can also try in-clinic treatments, like microneedling, chemical peels, laser resurfacing, or Botox injections to reduce stubborn crow’s feet.
- With these effective tips, you can rejuvenate your skin and keep the wrinkles at bay.
It is a popular notion that your eyes are the first feature to reveal your age. This is because the skin around the eyes is thinner than the rest of the facial skin. With aging, facial movements, and sun exposure, it loses its elasticity and begins developing wrinkles. The wrinkles around the eyes, also known as crow’s feet, can make you look older, and makeup doesn’t sit well on them either. You would want to remove or prevent crow’s feet for a more youthful appearance.
Fine lines around the eyes or crow’s feet tend to appear when the skin loses collagen and becomes thinner due to aging or environmental damage. However, you can prevent them by leading a healthy lifestyleand using anti-aging skincare products or treatments. With the following tips, you can get rid of the crow’s feet and heal your skin.
8 Remarkable Tips To Prevent Or Reduce Crow’s Feet
- Stop Frowning – Facial expressions are a common cause of crow’s feet. When you frown a lot or wrinkle your face while laughing, it encourages the development of fine lines around the eyes. Therefore, apart from investing in the best anti-aging eye creams, restricting your facial movements can prevent crow’s feet. Avoid frowning too often to prevent wrinkling around the eyes. As a bonus, it will be good for your mood too!
- Use Sun Protection – Sun exposure is a common reason for premature aging and collagen loss in the skin. Sun damage can lead to crow’s feet even at a young age. To prevent this, always apply sunscreen during the day and wear a hat or sunglasses to protect your skin outdoors. This is a great way to prevent crow’s feet, no matter what your age.
- Try Chemical Exfoliation – Besides the best anti-aging eye creams with moisturizing properties, you can also try a product with glycolic acid for exfoliation. Glycolic acid is a gentle chemical exfoliant that should be mild enough for the skin around the eyes. It removes the dead skin cells and encourages faster skin renewal to give a youthful appearance to the skin. This mild exfoliant can prevent or minimize the appearance of crow’s feet.
- Use An Anti-Aging Eye Cream – An anti-aging eye cream that moisturizes the skin and improves its elasticity may reduce or prevent crow’s feet. Lavalier Skin Care offers products with hyaluronic acid and aloe to hydrate the skin, along with marine extracts and collagen to fight free radical damage and improve skin elasticity. Lavelier Skin Care reviews are mixed, but some users noticed an improvement in their wrinkles due to this topical treatment. You can try it to treat wrinkles and dryness around the eyes.
- Get A Chemical Peel Or Laser Treatment – If at-home treatments don’t seem enough, you can visit a skin clinic for a chemical peel or laser treatment. Unlike at-home exfoliants, in-salon chemical peels penetrate deeper into the skin and encourage faster cell renewal. Similarly, laser resurfacing also removes the upper layers of the skin to encourage skin regeneration and reduce wrinkles. According to studies, both laser resurfacing and medium-depth chemical peels can be effective on crow’s feet. Consult a dermatologist regarding these treatments.
- Try Microneedling – Microneedling is another skin treatment that may reduce crow’s feet. In this procedure, tiny needles are used to puncture the skin to stimulate the generation of collagen and elastin. Studies indicate microneedling is effective for wrinkles and can offer a supple and youthful look to the skin. You can try it out to improve your skin elasticity and keep the crow’s feet at bay.
- Practice Face Yoga – Just like exercise is a part of a healthy lifestyle, face yoga is a habit that can give you healthy skin! Face yoga comprises toning exercises for the skin that may reverse wrinkles to some extent. The technique claims to improve blood circulation and boost collagen generation in the skin. You can try these exercises apart from your skincare routine for rejuvenated skin.
- Get Botox Injections – While topical eye creams can work on mild wrinkles, stubborn crow’s feet may need additional treatments. Even Lavelier Skin Care reviews suggest that a topical eye cream may not give satisfactory results to everybody. In this case, Botox injections can come to your rescue. This substance blocks certain chemical signals from the nerves, preventing muscle contractions and wrinkles. It offers a relaxed and smooth appearance to the skin, reducing the appearance of crow’s feet.
Crow’s feet are a common skin concern that gives an aged appearance to the skin. You may think that these wrinkles are an inevitable part of aging, but they can be prevented or reduced with appropriate treatments.
One approach to preventing crow’s feet is to address the root causes, such as frowning and sun damage. By controlling your facial expressions and protecting your skin from sunlight, you can prevent premature crow’s feet. Additionally, topical eye creams can supply moisture and collagen to improve skin elasticity.
The second approach is to treat stubborn crow’s feet with in-clinic procedures. These include chemical peels, laser resurfacing, microneedling, and Botox. Chemical peels and laser resurfacing remove dead skin to stimulate cell generation. On the other hand, microneedling stimulates collagen production through micro-wounds while Botox relaxes the muscles to reduce wrinkles.
With a combination of at-home skincare and clinical procedures, you can prevent crow’s Feet and rejuvenate your skin. So, try these tips to keep the wrinkles and fine lines away!
Sophia Anthony is a freelance writer and blogger, covering health and fitness topics through visual representation. She is very passionate about general health and beauty. Apart from work she likes dancing and listening to music. You can also contact her on Facebook, and Instagram.