As the festival time is approaching, people are purchasing presents, clothes, house décor items, Wingstop menu. As shopping is at its highest peak, no event is complete without sweets, so how can India’s largest festival be celebrated without a bunch of mithai? Instead of buying sweets from the store, make your own mithai for your Diwali celebration. If you enjoy preparing sweets at home but dislike following lengthy recipes, then here is a solution for you.
Here are some very simple dishes that you can whip up in no time using simple ingredients!
- Kalakand recipe
Kalakand is one of the significant sweet dishes that is loved by each family member and majorly when the festivals are on.
Here is the list of ingredients you will need for the kalakand recipe:
- 1 complete tin of Nestlé Milkmaid
- 500 grams of paneer
- 2 tablespoons of Nestlé Everyday Dairy Whitener
- 1 tablespoon of Elaichi(powdered)
Follow the kalakand recipe in the following manner:
- Mix in the Nestlé Milkmaid and Nestlé Everyday Dairy Whitener with the finely mashed paneer.
- On the gas on low flame.
- Cook, constantly stirring, over medium heat until the mixture thickens and begins to leave the edges of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and place on a greased platter.
- Sprinkle with the elaichi powder.
- Allow cooling before cutting into squares.
- Lauki ka halwa
Lauki ka halwa seems challenging to cook. However, it is so easy to make at home. This is how you can make it.
You will need the following ingredients to make lauki ka halwa at home:
- ½ kg of Nestlé Everyday Ghee
- ½ tin of Nestlé Milkmaid
- 1 cup of Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Kishmish
- 5 chopped kajus
- 4 cups of grated lauki
- 1 tablespoon of Elaichi Powder
Follow the recipe in the following manner:
- In a pan, melt the ghee and cook the cashews, raisins, and almonds until golden brown.
- Sauté for a couple of mins after adding the grated lauki.
- Cook until the lauki is mushy, then add the milk and stir thoroughly.
- Stir in the Nestlé Milkmaid until the liquid is thick. Mix in the cardamom powder well.
- Take it off the stove and serve immediately.
- Peanut Ladoo
These are the yummiest ladoos, and kids love them the most. You can make it very quickly at home with Nestlé Milkmaid.
You will need the following ingredients to make peanut ladoos:
- 1 cup of roasted peanuts
- ½ cup of jaggery
- Two tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- A little bit of Nestlé Everyday Ghee
Follow the peanut ladoo recipe in the following manner:
- Grind the roasted peanuts in a food processor.
- Grind in intervals until all the peanuts are crushed and a small amount of oil is released.
- This will improve the binding of the ladoos without needing additional ghee, but you can add it at the moment if you feel so. Place them on a plate.
- Now add the jaggery chunks to the mixture and mix them in.
- Once suitably crushed, add it to the crushed peanuts.
- Finally, mix in 2 tablespoons of coconut powder with your hands.
- Hold a portion of the mixture in your palm and gently press it into little balls.
- It may appear that the mixture will not retain shape at first, but keep pressing it until you have a hard ladoo.
These 3 super quick and delicious sweets are perfect for making festivals all the more special. So now that you have these recipes prepare them and relish them with your family.