There aren’t many things in life that are quite as relaxing as a nice hot bath. Unfortunately, during the COVID-19 pandemic, taking a relaxing bath at home can be quite the challenge.
For those living in areas that have lifted the restrictions on public and residential gatherings, taking a bath in the safety and comfort of your own home can feel like the icing on the cake!
Thinking about relaxing in your own bath? Then you’ll want to keep reading. Below, we’ve got several tips and tricks to help you elevate your at-home bath experience.
Bathtub Basics: The Dos and Don’Ts of Taking a Bath
There’s nothing quite like a relaxing bath at the end of a long day. But if you don’t have a bathtub at home, don’t worry! Here are some incredible tips for taking a bath at home:
- Fill a large container with warm water. You can use a sink, a bucket, or even a pot on the stove
- Add some soothing aromatherapy oils or herbs to the water
- Find a comfortable place to sit or recline. You can use a bathtub, a chair, or even the floor
- Soak for 20-30 minutes, letting the warm water and aromatherapy work their magic
- After your bath, make sure to hydrate with a glass of water or a cup of tea
Creating the Perfect Bathtime Atmosphere
There are many benefits to taking a bath at home instead of showering, including improved circulation, relaxation, and stress relief. Here are some incredible bath tips for taking a bath at home:
First, fill your tub with warm, not hot, water. You can add some soothing aromatherapy or Epsom salts to the water to help you relax even further. Then, get in and soak for at least 20 minutes.
During your bath, drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and help your body flush out toxins. You can also use this time to give yourself a gentle massage with a loofah or washcloth. You can find more bath essentials at threebearsemporium.com.
When you’re finished, gently pat yourself dry and moisturize your skin to seal in the benefits of your bath. You’ll feel refreshed, relaxed, and detoxified – incredible!
The Best Way of Drawing a Bath
There are countless reasons to love taking a bath at home. For one, it’s an incredibly relaxing way to unwind after a long day. It’s also a great way to soothe muscles, ease aches and pains, and improve circulation.
And if you’re looking to save some money, baths are a whole lot cheaper than a trip to the spa. Here are a few tips for making the most of your at-home bath experience:
- Start with clean sheets. Nothing ruins a relaxing bath like getting out to a messy bed
- Dim the lights and light some candles. Create a relaxing ambiance by dimming the lights and lighting some scented candles
- Add some bubbles. A few drops of essential oil or a handful of bath salts can transform your bath water into a luxurious spa-like experience
- Take your time. Soothe your body and your mind by taking your time in the bath. There’s no need to rush
- Stay hydrated. Be sure to drink plenty of water before and after your bath to stay hydrated
Finishing Touches to Your Bathtime Bliss
Always make it a habit to moisturize your skin after taking a bath! This will surely make your skin glow like royalty. After reading these tips, you should be able to take a relaxing and enjoyable bath at home.
Be sure to follow these tips to ensure a safe and comfortable experience. Check out our other blog posts for more helpful lifestyle tips.